FYI. There's no need to pin back the whole db version just to get the old
style dbdump format.
The original dump is available from the distribution as a standalone
program here:

http://www.sqlite.org/src/artifact/819eb33f6ff788a4

--dbdump.c--

** If this file is compiled with -DDBDUMP_STANDALONE then a "main()" routine
** is included so that this routine becomes a command-line utility.  The
** command-line utility takes two or three arguments which are the name
** of the database file, the schema, and optionally the table

Compile and enjoy.
Peter