How does one reset the sqlite_sequence values?

I'm trying with [ delete from sqlite_sequence where name='...' ] but my app
continuously goes and keeps adding up the number.  If I go into a 3rd party
tool and delete the table, the next time my app goes and populates data,
the counter starts at 1.  Is there a flush or something I need to run?

I essentially want to truncate the table, get rid of all data, reset the
insert counter.

This is a development action only while I'm preparing some data for the
database, and not to be used as a production activity.

I suppose what I could do is just forcibly set the ID at insert, but, was
rather curious to why this delete wasn't working on the sqlite_sequence
table.

Thanks!