Hello !

While trying to abuse sqlite3 executable to write a complete application ( https://github.com/mingodad/sqlite3-hashcode-2018 ) I found that if the sqlite3 executable could allow the use of simple macros on it's internal commands would make it a lot more useful and easy.

What I mean by "macros on internal commands" ?

The ability to use/reuse some defined/used pieces of data form previous invocations or command line.

Example:

sqlite>.import 'some.txt' sometable

sqlite>...

sqlite>.output $(last_import_file_name).result.txt

sqlite>.backup main $(current_dbname)$(curr_time).bak.db

Cheers !