Hi all,

it is suggested in several place to don't share a connection between forks.

However I fail to see how this can be a problem for purely in-memory database.

If my understanding of fork and sqlite are correct I don't see issues in having a forked child reading a database connection opened before the fork itself.

The address space of the two database are different and, at this point, we are already talking about two completely different database.

Of course each write in the child (parent) won't be visible by the parent (child), but this is not my concern.

Is my reasoning sound and correct?

Different point if the database is backed by a regular file, however, in such case, couldn't I simply close the connection in the child and reopen it (maybe in read only mode)?

Sorry for this question that may be trivial!

Best Regards,

Simone