On 5/13/18 11:57 AM, Kevin O'Gorman wrote:
>  More importantly, it uses DDR4 memory which I think means there
> are 4 channels to memory which can be used in parallel

DDR4 does NOT have 4 independent memory channels. DDR4 is the forth
generation of the Double Data Rate interface standard. DDR memory chips
only have a single channel of access to them, so can only access a
single chunk of memory at a time. Some machines may have multiple DDR
interfaces allowing them to access multiple memories in parallel, but
the accesses would need to be to different memory modules and the
different buses.

--
Richard Damon