Unfortunately, I'm going to need to shut down this mailing list due to
robot harassment.  I am working to come up with a fix or an
alternative now.  Your suggestions are welcomed.

This mailing list has operated for many years using GNU MailMan.
Unfortunately, that software is not able to cope with modern robot
spammers, even with the latest updates.  And the source code for
MailMan is sufficiently opaque that I am unable to work on it.

The most recent problem is that robots are visiting the subscription
page and entering innocent user's email addresses and names.  This
causes a confirmation email to be sent to that user.  If it were just
single confirmation email that the user could ignore, that would be
fine.  But apparently MailMan sends one email for each subscription
request.  The robots have figured this out and are putting in hundreds
of subscription requests for the same individual, apparently to harass
them.

I have already suspended new subscriptions.  Existing subscribers will
be able to continue using this list until I come up with a replacement
(or a fix to the current problem) but no new subscribers will be
accepted.

--
D. Richard Hipp
d...@sqlite.org