On Jun 14, 2018, at 8:36 AM, x <tam118...@hotmail.com> wrote:

> It is indeed windows Ryan and at times we’re talking 120 secs versus 30 + 14.

I can think of two good possibilities:

1. Are you using Windows Defender or some other antimalware solution?

If it’s a third-party product, some of those are very aggressive, and they may
be poking around in the internals of the SQLite DB on every I/O, which adds
tremendous overhead.  That overhead would be charged to another process, not to
the system, giving your reported symptom.

2. The other possibility is dodgy hardware, especially the disk holding the
SQLite DB, such that the system is getting I/O interrupts with much greater
latency than normal, causing it to do work in neither user space nor kernel
space, but instead just waiting out wall clock time a lot due to jammed I/O
buffers.

So: does the program do the same thing on a different computer?  If you cannot
test on another computer, do you get anything interesting in the Windows Event
Viewer?