Warren,

The hardware is different, at the time we didn't want to spin up a complete production replica as thats quite expensive. We used a smaller machine, both have the same type of back end spining raid array, but we would think that writing 4-5MB of changed data back shouldn't take 7 seconds. We had seen far better performance on the slower machine earlier in testing.

We will go back to step one and work our way through step by step from 60GB to 600Mb as our thinking is that we have somehow screwed our database up.

Rob