I changed from the default delete mode to wal mode. I had some strange
results, but it is working now.

One of the programs is a service and can run for weeks. That is why I
decided to call every hour:
    PRAGMA WAL_CHECKPOINT(TRUNCATE)

I was wondering what people on this list thought about this, because after
the wal becomes bigger as 4 MB a checkpoint is (normally) done, but then I
noticed that for at least one reason it is a good idea.

When I do in sqlitebrowser:
    PRAGMA TABLE_INFO(messages)

sqlitebrowser thinks the database has changed and checkpoint does not work.
Luckily I output a message when it goes wrong and that is why I noticed it
and could do revert changes in sqlitebrowser.

Anybody an idea why this happens?

Another strange thing I saw was that when I have a database open in
sqlitebrowser that after termination of a program the wal file is not
written to the database. So I added a checkpoint to the end of my programs
also.

Any idea why this happens?

--
Cecil Westerhof