> I have a script that loads csv into an existing table.
>
> I get this message on stderr for each row imported:
>
> "... expected 7 columns but found 6 - filling the rest with NULL"
>

> We have the means to send stdout to /dev/null using the .once or .output
>
> Is there a way to send suppress stderr messages for a dot command?

The example below works without warnings (though this diverts from exact
question).

create table t (a,b,c,d,e,f)
;
/* Procedure to insert a line of input */
create view procinput(a,b,c) as values(null,null,null)
;
create trigger ins_procinput instead of insert on procinput
begin
  insert into t(a,b,c) values(new.a,new.b,new.c);
end
;

.import input.dat procinput