On 6 Oct 2018, at 8:04pm, Luuk <luu...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Even a simple program (or (gui?)-interface on top of sqlite will not
> stop those Excel-whizz-kids from crafting things in Excel.

Excel ate the financial business world because companies use Excel to solve a
simple problem, then add a feature, then add another feature, and keep going
until they have some crawling creeping horror that needs to return to R'lyeh.
There is never any point in this process when a manager looks at what's being
done with Excel and says "Okay we need to hire a programmer to turn this into a
proper App.".

Reasons why this doesn't happen are the subject of today's coursework essay,
3500 to 4000 words, due in my pigeonhole by 5pm on the 14th.

Simon.