oh, I hope you dont do that since the application I am working on hopes to exploit the retval = 4 of geopoly_overlap !

regards,
Graham

On 02-12-2018 7:52 am, Richard Hipp wrote:
On 12/1/18, Larry Brasfield <brasfield.la...@gmail.com> wrote:
The documentation at https://www.sqlite.org/geopoly.html , at 3.8. for
geopoly_contains_point(), asserts that the function “returns true if and only if the coordinate X,Y is inside or on the boundary of the polygon P.” As now implemented, in the v3.26 release, it returns 1 where the point is on
a boundary and 2 where the point is inside of the boundary.

The geopoly_overlap() and geopoly_within() routines are similarly
modest about what they compute.  Geopoly_within(A,B) returns +1 if B
is completely contained inside of A, and returns +2 if A and B are the
same polygon.  Geopoly_overlap(A,B) returns 4 different non-zero
values (1, 2, 3, and 4) depending on whether or not A is contained in
B (2), B is contained in A (3), A and B are the same polygon (4), or
if they just overlap (1).

I haven't documented those behaviors, because I wanted to leave myself
some wiggle room in case I need to change the behavior in the future.