>I don't think the interrupt call will actually terminate a step that
>is actually being processed, but only mark that no more steps should
>happen. In other words, I don't think SQLite is spending time
>checking a flag to stop in the middle of processing a step to allow the
>processing to terminate early without a result.

Actually it does.  The callback and the interrupt flags are checked at the
bottom of each loop.  I haven't looked through the source to see if the sorter
is interruptible or not though ... and the Vdbe halt code will "clean up" from
the interruption (as if it were an error).

---
lot about anticipated traffic volume.