WHERE x IN carray($PTR, $DIM)

With $PTR being the address of the array and $DIM ist cardinality. Should be
tons faster than parsing and binding a gazillion parameters.

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Auftrag von Deon Brewis
Gesendet: Dienstag, 4. Februar 2020 20:14
An: SQLite mailing list <sqlite-users@mailinglists.sqlite.org>
Betreff: [EXTERNAL] Re: [sqlite] Please increase the default for
SQLITE_MAX_VARIABLE_NUMBER

WHERE x IN (?1,?2,?3,?4...,?1000 )

And the IN clause is filled by a list or array that's held inside the calling
application memory rather than in SQLITE.

The alternate to this is to create a virtual table wrapper over the internal
datasets of the app. Which is of course better, but harder. (We need an STL for
SQLite. SqliteTL?).

PS: Doesn't SQLITE internally order an IN list and do a join across it? It
seems to perform better than I would expect from a flat array.

- Deon