On Saturday, 15 February, 2020 19:27, Peng Yu <pengyu...@gmail.com> wrote:

>I am trying to see what tables are available in sqlite_master from
>firefox cookies sqlite3 fire.

>~/Library/Application
>Support/Firefox/Profiles/jaseom4q.default-1480119569722/cookies.sqlite

>But the error message says "Error: database is locked".

>I see a cookies.sqlite-wal file in the same directory.

>Is there a way to inspect this db file without closing firefox?

Does it work when you close Firefox?  If it works when Firefox is closed but
not when Firefox is open, then the answer is probably no.  If you still get an
error message when Firefox is closed, then you probably have too old a version
of whatever version of SQLite3 you are using to look at the database.

I can, but then I am on Windows and using the latest mostest up-to-date version
of the SQLite3 command line tool.

There are rumours on the various message boards that Firefox opens the
databases with exclusive access to prevent fiddling.  Not having looked at the
relevant Firefox source code, I have no clue whether or not this is accurate.
However the rumoured exclusive access seems to "go away" when an up-to-date
version of SQLite3 is used to look at the databases.  Plus, of course, if the
access is supposed to be exclusive then it is broken on Windows.

lot about anticipated traffic volume.