On Sunday, 16 February, 2020 10:25, Richard Hipp <d...@sqlite.org> wrote:

>> Why the database can not be read by another sqlite3 session when the
>> corresponding -wal file exists? Thanks.

>Because Firefox uses "PRAGMA locking_mode=EXCLUSIVE;"

Perhaps on some platforms, but Firefox 73.0.0 on Windows 10 18636.657 does not
-- or if it does, then it doesn't work properly as I can still read/write the
various database files while Firefox is running.

However, when I open a database and set locking_mode=exclusive then connection
to the same database cannot access the database.

lot about anticipated traffic volume.