Hi Len,

The question you are asking is "loaded". Stay with the ansi SQL statements
that SQLite supports and you will be okay. If you need to use the SQLite
extensions now, you will have to write a "translator" in future - not too
difficult. For an experienced programmer (which you will be if the
situation you describe ever comes to pass) the answer is "use SQLite - it
is a no brainer"

Good Luck!

At 10:13 AM 4/6/06 -0700, you wrote:

>Thanks for your reply Richard
>
>After further Googling and reading the replies I've received here I am
>coming around to the idea that SQLite probably is the best choice.
>
>I would like to know whether - at some point in the future should it be
>necessary - I could convert my entire SQLite databases including tables etc
>to another RDMS such as MySQL? Is this straightforward or convoluted?
>
>Regards
>Len
>--
http://www.nabble.com/Most-appropriate-Web-based-database-%28Newbie%29-t1404
628.html#a3788822
>Sent from the SQLite forum at Nabble.com.

Sincerely,

Ed Porter