-------- Original-Nachricht --------
Datum: Wed, 5 Jul 2006 13:19:30 +0200
Von: "Olaf Beckman Lapré" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
An: sqlite-users@sqlite.org
Betreff: Re: [sqlite] Multiple Users

Hi Olaf

> Why not use optimistic locking (timestamp based pseudo locking)? It's
> ussually sufficient.

Thats my way in OLEDB. I store the Users ID, the Workstation-ID,
the Current-Process-ID, a initial Timestamp and a Heartbeat-Timestamp
to see, that this Record-Lock is alive. And last, I store the ID of
the Record to be locked and his appended Records in other Tables.
That works very fine and prevent logical conflicts on the Level
"Data-Objects".

But this do not avoid a physical write-conflict to Disk if multiple
Users write there changes to DB at the same moment. SQLite dont support
optimistic locking. It seems to me, with SQLite I can do my Pseudo-
Locking as a Concept too, similarly to OLEDB, but in reflection to
the DB's Busy-State.

*hmmm* But.... if I think a time about it... isn't it so, that
SQLite allways perform a optimistic locking? Mikkis Posting makes
me meditative ... it seems to me, it contains all the needed answers
to me.

Bye, Anne