Alexander Lamb uttered:

Well, sorry, but I did exactly that:

1) When I do the PRAGMA command the file is created (I can see it appearing in the explorer) 2) After the create table, if I do PRAGMA legacy_file_format; I indeed receive "1" as an answer.

However,

I ".quit" then go back into the database and ask PRAGMA legacy_file_format; it returns "0".

Once I quit, it "reverts" to 0??

The problem is that the file created is zero length until actual data (or meta-data) is inserted. Thus, you need to at least create a table. Then, once some data has been created, the header will contain the correct legacy_file_format information.

Well, I even tried to insert a row in the table. The table contains the data. The file on the disk is 2K length. The PRAGMA commands tells me I am in legacy file format mode (1).... but when I quit then return, I am back to 0!

Could it be a wrong version of SQLite?

When I ask for the version I get 3.3.6

I simply installed the .exe and .dll from the Windows package I found on the web site.

Alex