Jason Abayomi wrote:
Sorry about the previous mail, I hit tab in a gmail and it automatically
sent it.

Anyway, back to my question
I'm planning out a program right now - web based - that would require each
user of the application to be able to create their own independent data
store with its own schema and modifications etc. In a perfect world, sqlite
would be great for this as I could just give each individual user their own
sqlite database and let them manipulate tables and schema as they see fit
before they start to store information into the db.

My concern is scalability and the performance hit of having let's say 5000
users potentially, accessing 5000 databases at the same time on the server.
Based on my readings around the web there are ways to optimize sql queries
(transactions, in memory dbs and all that) but even with that, would it be
feasible or better yet advisable?

The main issue here is the ability of the users to create and modify their
own schemas which may leave my only other option to be xml

Thanks.

Jason

With Sqlite that is basically only 5,000 files. not a giant load on your server.