Actually, just by following the links on your web site I was able to find
a forum post from a McAfee employee suggesting that they were going to
change the naming of the temp files, or were at least considering it.
Check the last message in the forum posting that you have linked from the
wiki page about the McAfeeBug.

One of the chief problems that you're running into is that people in
general can't or won't troubleshoot problems to determine a root cause
(I'm certainly guilty of this).  Additionally, the McAfee phone support
people don't seem to be aware that their program is generating these
files, probably because any poor soul stuck on phone support is fairly new
to the company and the product.  Phone support in any company has a high
turnover.

Clay Dowling

[EMAIL PROTECTED] said:
> I need advice from the community.  The problem
> is seen here:
>
>   http://www.sqlite.org/cvstrac/tktview?tn=2049
>   http://www.sqlite.org/cvstrac/tktview?tn=1989
>   http://www.sqlite.org/cvstrac/tktview?tn=1841
>   http://www.sqlite.org/cvstrac/wiki?p=McafeeProblem
>
> It appears that McAfee Anti-Virus uses SQLite internally,
> and it leaves lots of files in C:/TEMP that contain
> SQLite in their names.  This annoys many windows users.
> They get on Google and search around for "sqlite" and
> find me.  Then they send me private email or call me at
> my office or on my cellphone to complain.  Many refuse
> to believe that I have nothing to do with the problem
> and I am accused of spreading a virus or malware.
>
> My efforts to contact Mcafee about this problem have
> been unfruitful.
>
> Does anybody have an suggestions on how I might deal
> with this?  Does anybody know how I can get in touch
> with an engineer at Mcafee so that we can at least
> change the names of the files in future releases?
>
> --
> D. Richard Hipp  <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Simple Content Management
http://www.ceamus.com