Hello Chennai,

Tuesday, November 14, 2006, 9:20:10 AM, you wrote:

SSTC> Hi,

SSTC> Actually im trying to store a compressed value,which has lots of null
SSTC> characters.When I try to store it into the database as a blob item ,only
the
SSTC> characters before null gets stored rest does not.I want to store the
entire
SSTC> compressed buffer.
SSTC> Is it possible?

SSTC> BLOB Data stored in the table ->PK...

SSTC> Expected data to be stored
SSTC>   PK.....
SSTC>   ...Ɲn5
SSTC>   n»(tm)g..
SSTC>   .è.....
SSTC>   ..simpl
SSTC>   e.datUT
SSTC>   ...û.ZE
SSTC>   û.ZEû.Z
SSTC>   Eí'KNÃ0
SSTC>   .?S6Hoe
SSTC>   Eå}ã.6U
SSTC>   "¤B¨HHå
SSTC>   !õ..6n2
SSTC>   ¤-.ÇÄN"
SSTC>   r..ì8DO
SSTC>   .â.E¤Í£
SSTC>   [EMAIL PROTECTED]
SSTC>   è÷÷..«
SSTC>   Y.¬½EURHÒ
SSTC>   Û¨«.¨.
SSTC>   Ü.=Ê}.M
SSTC>   Æg.ê;.
SSTC>   .-fº|lg
SSTC>   p-®N®;

SSTC> Shivshankar Subramani - TLS , Chennai
SSTC> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> I did follow the procedure to store the blob data.I have no problem in
>> excuting it but my problem is that when my data is of the below type
>> in memory

SSTC> [snip]

>> Where there are lots of null character in the buffer the sqlite fails
>> to take them as values

SSTC> What makes you think so? Exactly what are you doing, what results do you
SSTC> expect, what results do you get, and how the two differ?

SSTC> Igor Tandetnik

SSTC>
SSTC> [EMAIL PROTECTED]
SSTC>
SSTC> -
SSTC> DISCLAIMER
SSTC> The contents of this e-mail and any attachment(s) are
SSTC> confidential and intended for the

SSTC> named recipient(s) only. It shall not attach any
SSTC> liability on the originator or HCL or its

SSTC> affiliates. Any views or opinions presented in this email
SSTC> are solely those of the author and

SSTC> may not necessarily reflect the opinions of HCL or its
SSTC> affiliates. Any form of reproduction,

SSTC> dissemination, copying, disclosure, modification,
SSTC> distribution and / or publication of this

SSTC> message without the prior written consent of the author of this e-mail is
strictly

SSTC> prohibited. If you have received this email in error
SSTC> please delete it and notify the sender

SSTC> immediately. Before opening any mail and attachments
SSTC> please check them for viruses and

SSTC> defect.

SSTC>
SSTC> [EMAIL PROTECTED]
SSTC>

I store JPG files in Sqlite DB's without any issues. You can't treat
them like text though which is what it sounds like you're doing. You
really have two choices, encode them as text using something like UU,
Mime or Sqlite's built in encoding or used the advanced API calls to
bind the binary data as blobs when inserting and retrieving them using
the same mechanism.

I use the later, compile the query with parameters and bind the blobs
of binary data after the fact before I insert.

It's all in the API documents. I can send you sample code if you wish.

--
Best regards,
 Teg                            mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]