If you use an extension greater than 3 chars you violate rules for some existing file systems and reduce portability. You can also make it difficult to parse the extension when it is used to type the file.

In medecine the Hippocratic Oath requires "First, do no harm". Not a bad principle for IT design also.

P Kishor wrote:
I like using .sqlite as the extension (or .sqlite3). That way no
Windows program will want to mess with it... usually 3 letter
extensions are grist for the mill

On 11/27/06, John Stanton <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Use anything you like.  Version 3 Sqlite is easy to recognize if you use
.db3.