First: Dump VB and use Delphi.

Second (more seriously): try to find an interface that directly exposes
sqlite. Actually, you may be able to get away with this with your current
wrapper: try replacing the sqlite3.dll file with a new one and see what
happens. I use a Delphi unit to interface with the DLL and while I don't get
any new functions, I can now use newer SQL commands through the slightly
older unit.

On 11/27/06, P Kishor <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

On 11/27/06, RB Smissaert <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Just to clear up one thing that is not 100% clear to me.
> When you are using SQLite on your machine is it true that you don't need
> have anything installed if you are using a VB wrapper dll. This wrapper
can
> Create, update, select etc. and nil else is needed.
>
> Now, if I am using this wrapper and there is a new version of SQLite out
> what does that mean to me? I suppose nil, unless the author of the
wrapper
> brings a  new one out that uses features of the new version of SQLite?

I don't know the first V about VB, but your logic seems immaculate.
Such is the peril of using a wrapper made by someone else. I live on a
similar edge with Perl DBD::SQLite which has SQLite, the library,
bundled in it. If I had my druthers I would compile my own, but I lost
my druthers a while back... so I suffer the consequence of laziness.
Its no big deal -- in my world, DBD::SQLite is reasonably current
(keep in mind, not every x.x.y release of SQLite is a crucial
upgrade).

You could write to the author of your VB dll, buy her a beer or something.

Kishor

Nelson Inst. for Env. Studies, UW-Madison http://www.nelson.wisc.edu/
Open Source Geospatial Foundation https://edu.osgeo.org/