On 2/28/07, Tom VP <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Dear Puneet,

Thanks for your response. I don't have compile capability on my shared
webserver. Therefore, I'd like to install pre-compiled/executable sqlite
(much as on a pc) - is there a download that has the precompiled code that
will execute on a Unix server? Is the one I mentioned -  sqlite-2.8.17.bin -
what I need. If it is, how to I install it (what does one do with a .bin
file as opposed to an .exe). If not, which download is precompiled and
executable under Unix?

I have no idea what version of Linux you are running (there is no such
thing as a "Unix server" -- I mean, there is, but you have to specify
what operating system), but the following might fit your bill

<http://www.sqlite.org/sqlite-3.3.13.so.gz>

otherwise, look at other precompiled binaries for Linux at
<http://www.sqlite.org/download.html>

Also, ask your web server company... in all likelihood they already
have sqlite compiled and sitting under /usr/local/bin for you to use.