On 3/19/07, Hubertus <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Dear list,
sorry to just come up with another performance question. I build a yet small
database with one table. It has about 650.000 rows, 75 columns and
has at the moment about 650 Mb. It runs on a Intel Pentium M with 2 GHz. The
Laptop runs Suse 10.2 and does basicly nothing but this database.
sqlite3 -version is 3.3.8

This is the schema:
CREATE TABLE 'data'('nr' INTEGER PRIMARY KEY,
  'year' INTEGER,
  'month' INTEGER,
  'day' INTEGER,
  'sec' REAL,
  'campId' TEXT,
  'flightNr' INTEGER,
  '1' REAL,
  '71' REAL
  );
CREATE INDEX sec on data(year,month,day,sec);

I experience a big variability of time a query needs:

The index on the psuedo time fields is not being used at all. How
about an index on campId as well as on "14" (that is, if "14" is
always going to be in your query)?

Nelson Inst. for Env. Studies, UW-Madison http://www.nelson.wisc.edu/
Open Source Geospatial Foundation http://www.osgeo.org/education/