From: Dennis Cote [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Monday, April 30, 2007 10:31 AM
To: sqlite-users@sqlite.org
Subject: Re: [sqlite] sqlite and borland c++ builder

Jonathan Kahn wrote:

>   When I try to use the header I get errors
>
>  [C++ Error] sqlite3.h(1778): E2232 Constant member
> 'sqlite3_index_info::nConstraint' in class without constructors

Jonathan,

This is indeed a bug in the Borland/CodeGear compiler. It has been
discussed on their mailing lists several times and is currently in their
bug tracking system http://qc.codegear.com/wc/qcmain.aspx?d=32959.

I just posted a message when I ran into the same problem trying to use a
current version of sqlite see
http://groups.google.ca/group/borland.public.cppbuilder.language.cpp/browse_
frm/thread/f04139e048a2f55/98b6a1c5616057b4?lnk=st&q=sqlite+E2232+&rnum=1#98
b6a1c5616057b4
I forgot that I had ran into this problem earlier. It hasn't been a huge
issue for me since most of my sqlite use is done with an older version
of sqlite (3.2.7) that doesn't trigger this problem.

You can work around the problem by creating a modified sqlite3.h header
that eliminates the const qualifiers from the offending declarations.
You could also comment out the entire structure definition and change
the type of the second argument to xBestIndex to a void pointer if you
are not going to use the virtual table interfaces. or you could use an
older version from before June of 2006 when these items were added to
the header file.

I have had no problems building either a dll or a static library using
the Borland compiler in C mode. The problems occur when you try to
include the standard sqlite3.h header into a C++ source file.

It might help to post to the newsgroups saying you are also having
problems, or to vote on the bug in the QC system.

HTH
Dennis Cote