see the LIMIT option

  I have a file with the columns: StockSymbol, OptionSymbol, StockPrice,
StrikePrice, ExpiryDate

For each StockSymbol, ExpiryDate, I would like to list just 4 of the
records where the StrikePrice is lower than the StockPrice.

The following is close to what I want except it gives me all the rows
where the StrikePrice is less than StockPrice but I only want 4 rows (2
PUTs & 2 CALLs) for each Stock and associated ExpiryDate.

SELECT StockSymbol,
        OptionSymbol,
        ExpiryDate,
        StrikePrice,
        StockPrice
FROM Options
WHERE nStrikePrice < StockPrice
ORDER BY StockSymbol,sExpiryDate, nStrikePrice DESC;

I would appreciate any suggestions on how I can generate an appropriate
SQL statement.

Thanks,
  Roger

Nelson Inst. for Env. Studies, UW-Madison http://www.nelson.wisc.edu/