On Wed, Jul 11, 2007 at 09:07:39AM -0500, Neil Best wrote:
> see code from original post at
> http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.db.sqlite.general/23584

BTW, the code has been released under the same terms as SQLite itself.
http://git.altlinux.org/people/at/packages/?p=sqlite3-pcre.git
git://git.altlinux.org/people/at/packages/sqlite3-pcre.git

> I came across this note from last fall while looking for information on
> how to activate the REGEXP functionalilty. Not only would I like to know
> whether this particular solution is correct and appropriate, but I am
> generally curious about why no regexp() function has found its way into
> the SQLite code for general distribution.

Because you need a regexp libaray, which can be as complicated
as sqlite itself.  Basically you need pcre library, which is simply not
part of sqlite.  This is why the best way to implement regexp() function
is with loadable module, as far as I see.