i haven't been around long, but here's my 2c anyway,

i find the sourceforge forums hopeless, any time I need to look for
info on one of their projects, i end up looking through their mailing
list - where forum posts are automatically sent to anyway.

mailing lists are good for on-going issues.
wikis are good when you need to persist that knowledge.
bugzilla and bug DBs are ok, but not as useful as the previous 2 points.

sqlite has the tools, now it just needs people to put that info into
the wiki and improve the documentation to cover questions that are
asked on the mailing list.