Op donderdag 09-08-2007 om 12:26 uur [tijdzone -0400], schreef Igor
Tandetnik:
> I'm not sure I understand the problem. Can't you insert into A, retrieve
> the last ID into a variable in your program, then use the value of this
> variable for all subsequent inserts into B?

Yes, I did forget to mention: I would like to wrap the statements into
one transaction. Besides, doing an insert, select and again a number of
inserts somehow feels wrong. But if it is the best way, I'll try to put
my feelings aside :-)

Koen