Hi,

in a scenario when multiple operations need to be transactionally
synchronised, I have a file that must be deleted when the database
records are added successfully, but the database operations must be
rolled back, if the file cannot be deleted.

I'm currently using a transaction for this on the database side and
rolling it back if the file cannot be deleted. But what if the file is
gone and then SQLite says it doesn't accept my records? Since we're
inside a transaction, integrity checks should be deferred until a
COMMIT. Is there a way to tell whether the COMMIT will succeed under the
current conditions so that I can safely delete the file?

Would that work with nested transactions or are integrity checks also
deferred to the most outer transaction? I never used nested transactions
so I have no experience with it.

--
Yves Goergen "LonelyPixel" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>