On 08.09.2007 21:06 CE(S)T, Joe Wilson wrote:
> Are you able to store this file in the database itself as a BLOB?

No, its an input file that I'm processing and saving the results in the
database. When processing and database import are successful, the file
must be deleted so that it won't be imported again in a later run.

On 08.09.2007 22:16 CE(S)T, Dwight Ingersoll wrote:
> Assuming the data files you are working with are of a manageable size,
> either read the file into a variable in your code and then process it if the
> file delete succeeds, or import the data file into a work table in SQLite,
> and then attempt the file delete.

And when deleting the file works fine, but processing does not? Then the
file is gone and I need to restore it or something. My application must
not break in this time and I need to be able to recreate that file...
Storing it in a db table sound like the data is safe at any time, but
it's still not the original format.

Well, maybe deleting to the recycle bin would be an option I could live
with. Or if all else fails, giving the database thing a priority and
only inform the user if the file could not be deleted. After all, it's
not usual that the file can't be deleted or that a database error would
occur in my particular case, but it's an interesting question in
general, I believe.

--
Yves Goergen "LonelyPixel" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>