I am not an expert on indexes, however it does seem strange to me that a
database should keep duplicate data in it.
This prompted me to look up how indexes are stored in other databases. To tell
the truth I only looked at one, and that is SQL Server.
They do not store any duplicate data. If you would like the reference I can give
it to you.
I agree with you that it means an extra lookup that could make things slower, (
I say could because you use more space in the cache which could result in more
reads)
Anyway given that that is the way it is implemented, does anyone know if it is
possible to create an index in memory?

Clive

John Stanton <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> on 03/10/2007 17:36:58

Please respond to sqlite-users@sqlite.org