Joe Wilson wrote:
--- Richard Klein <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
I should be able to use your test suite

s/your/the/
Sqlite and its test suite are drh's work.

Hmm ... Somehow I got the impression that the team of SQLite
core developers had expanded to include a few folks in addition
to drh, and that you were one of them ...

It might be possible to statically compile the Tcl+sqlite test harness (testfixture) down to under a meg to test on the embedded hardware. But I don't know how much RAM and temp store the test suite requires.

The problem isn't the RAM -- the box has plenty of it (> 16 meg).
The problem is porting Tcl to the box.  I would *like* to do it,
but I'm concerned that it would be a major effort -- much greater
than the effort required to port SQLite.

You could give it a shot.
Your future cable customers deserve nothing less.

Actually, they're *current* customers -- millions of them.
New versions of our middleware are pushed out to their boxes in
the middle of the night.  So once we incorporate SQLite into our
middleware, there will suddenly be millions of new SQLite users --
literally overnight.

The good news is that I have already sold management on SQLite 2.
Now I'm trying to upsell them to SQLite 3.  Wish me luck!

- Richard Klein