Lee Crain <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
1. Can multiple processes "concurrently" access the same SQLite
database?

Yes.

2. If so, can multiple processes maintain an open connection to the
database? Or must the connection be opened and closed, before and
after,
respectively, each database access?

You can have multiple open connections, from the same or different processes, at any given time. You can keep a connection open as long as necessary.

3. Would the use of a MUTEX as access protection be adequate to
successfully implement controlled "concurrency"?

I'm not sure I understand this question. Mutexes are all about _not_ allowing concurrency.

Igor Tandetnik