Hello Dan Kennedy,

>> True, but we would need to access unsupported API to do so.
>> And as we know only too well, unsupported API is subject to
>> change without notice any time ;-). Therefore I would rather
>> not write these myself but ask for the possibility to add them
>> to the library officially, even if "experimental" only.
>
>Depends how desperate you are. Say you want to query statement
>object X that has 4 variables, you could do this:
>
>  pTmp = sqlite3_prepare("SELECT ?, ?, ?, ?");
>  sqlite3_transfer_bindings(X, pTmp);
>  /* Use sqlite3_step() etc. to fish values out of pTmp */
>  sqlite3_transfer_bindings(pTmp, X);
>  sqlite3_finalize(pTmp);

Smart, many thanks!

Still, I believe that faster sqlite3_bound... functions would be a useful
addition to the official API. It seems only logical to have corresponding read
functions to complement the write functions.

They would, for example, help to fill the gap of the unresolved host parameters
if the trace callback was changed to carry along the prepared statement being
executed.

Ralf