-----Original Message-----
same >time in more than one thread?

>Is safe to use the same database connection  at the same time in more
>than one thread?

Hello,

I found two e-mails (bellow) that I think give the answer: yes is safe
to use the same database connection, but is not work in the way that I
imagined. "Transaction control is per connection, not per thread." (Igor
Tandetnik) or "That connection can then be used across threads, but it
is for all intents and purposes a single line of communication with a
database (using it twice at the same time doesn't somehow multiply that
relationship)". (Stephan Beal)

My interpretation is correct? Probably is a good idea to review Multi
Threading page (http://www.sqlite.org/cvstrac/wiki?p=MultiThreading) and
alert about the characteristic :treath safe and Transaction control is
per connection

Best regards,

Joaquim

Reference:

http://www.mail-archive.com/sqlite-users%40sqlite.org/msg28858.html

You're confusing threads with the context of the connection. When you
call sqlite3_open() you get a single connection to a db. That
connection can then be used across threads, but it is for all intents
and purposes a single line of communication with a database (using it
twice at the same time doesn't somehow multiply that relationship).

stephan beal

http://www.mail-archive.com/sqlite-users%40sqlite.org/msg28868.html

That would happen if thread B had its own, separate connection, but not
when the two threads are working with the same connection. As far as
SQLite is concerned, there's no difference between a single thread
making two changes to the database within a single transaction, or two
threads each making one change. Transaction control is per connection,
not per thread.

Igor Tandetnik