Richard,

I just recently discovered that IE supports "conditionl comments", which allow
you to, among other things, load specific CSS in IE.  For detail, see

I was able to use this feature to my advantage on a project to load the main
CSS file for all browsers, and maintain a small "delta" CSS file for IE that
replaces a couple of specific classes that IE handled differently than FF.

If you'll add this as the first block in your page style:

  * {
      font-family: Verdana, sans-serif; /* this is the correct syntax for a CSS
font list, accordint to TopStyle */
      font-size: 12px;
  }

it'll set the global default font and size.

And if you change to:

  .toolbar a {
    color: white;
    text-decoration: none;
  }

IE will display the correct color for the toolbar links.  Neither change
appears to affect the page display in FF.

I may find time over the weekend to see if I can fix the radiused corners, and
the broken cascading hover menus on the toolbar under IE6.

 -Clark