Hi all,

I am revisiting this topic again - I have tried a LONG time ago and gave up....

I am wanting to use SQLite3 with PHP (5.2.5)..  I have 2 issues...

I can't seem to compile sqlite3 on a Linux system. It wants to use TCL which I don't have installed. I have used:

        configure --disable-tcl

and it still wants some tcl utility to (from what I think) build the sqlite3.c file. I have searched the email archives and have seen others with the same problem - but haven't found an answer that works for me. I have punted trying to compile the source and have installed the precompiled sqlite3 files - sqlite-3.5.4.so, sqlite3-3.5.4.bin, sqlite3_analyzer-3.5.4.bin.

Now comes the fun part - I can't figure out how to get sqlite3 to play right with PHP. From what I can tell, PDO is needed to do this - but from the docs, it seems like I need to be able to compile sqlite3 (i.e. issue #1 above). So it seems that I am stuck. Does anyone have any notes they can share on getting the latest sqlite to work with the latest PHP ?? Ideally, the PHP team would incorporate sqlite3 into the PHP sources (like they do with sqlite2), but this hasn't been done.

I have been down this path before (a year or two ago) - posted to forums/maillists on both SQLite and PHP. The PHP people say it's a sqlite issue and the sqlite people said it was a PHP issue. Therefore, I have been using Postgresql for the past few years. I don't have a problem with Postgres - but want to try something "lean and mean".

Thanks,

Phil Butler