On Fri, 4 Jan 2008 11:09:48 -0500, Philip Butler
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>Hi all,
>
>I am revisiting this topic again - I have tried a
>LONG time ago and gave up....
>
>I am wanting to use SQLite3 with PHP (5.2.5)..
>I have 2 issues...
>
>1)************************
>I can't seem to compile sqlite3 on a Linux system.

drh gave advice on that.

>2)************************
>Now comes the fun part - I can't figure out how to get sqlite3 to play
>right with PHP.  From what I can tell, PDO is needed to do this

There are two flavours of PDO_sqlite:

* php_pdo_sqlite
Has SQLite linked in. Depending on your Linux distribution
and/or your PHP version that might be an obsolete version of
SQLite.

* php_pdo_sqlite_external
Uses any SQLite3 library you offer it, for example the compiled
amalgamation.

>Thanks,
>
>Phil Butler

HTH