Some of the correspondents seem to have lost track of the meaning of "Open Source". They have the source code and can build their own version which trims, slashes or even burns. They certainly do not have to inflict their particular needs or preferences on the whole user community.

I am sure that a prime reason for the success of Sqlite is that it's creator maintains discipline and saves it from becoming a bloated mess.