You might be having a library location problem between /usr/local/lib and where Ubuntu puts libraries, usr/lib.

Fred J. Stephens wrote:
On 1/16/08, John Stanton <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Do you have readline installed on your Linux machine?  If not download
the package, configure and install.  Then compile Sqlite with readline.
John,
Yes I do have readline installed, and as I said, SQLite worked fine
with the version from the Ubuntu package repositories (3.4.2). I would
just use that one, but I am concerned about the possible data
corruption bug fixed in 3.5.4.
Thanks for the reply. Any other suggestions?