-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Samuel Neff
Sent: Friday, February 08, 2008 11:52 AM
To: General Discussion of SQLite Database
Subject: Re: [sqlite] How to select Strict Affinity or No Affinity
modes?Attention: DRH

I would like to have strict affinity mode too.  In our schemas we use
check constraints to enforce strict affinity.  Unless you're working in
a dynamic typed environment, I can't imagine why you would want to have
inconsistent data within a single database field.  Also for consistency
with (every?) other database engine out there, a strict affinity mode
would be good.
Strict affinity will also benefit all wrapper writers who write wrappers
following a framework that assumes strict field typing (which I think is
pretty much all of them since all other db's have strongly typed
fields).

Thanks,

Sam