The journal file is created when you begin a transaction and has nothing to do
with in memory. (memory db's do not have journal  files).

When your application commits the journal file is delete! This is the atomicity
part of ACID.

Verify upon exit that you are performing a commit. If your not committing at
exit then a journal file will be left.

HTH,
Ken

Ovidiu Anghelidi <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote: Hi there,

I have a small issue and I was hoping that someone
might be able to point me in the right direction.

I am trying to build a C/C++ application using the
amalgamation version without having the
file.db-journal created. I am using version 3.5.3.
My understanding is that in order to do that I need to
execute the PRAGMA temp_store = MEMORY; as soon as I
open the database,
and also to change in the SQLite C amalgamation file,
the value:
#ifndef TEMP_STORE
 #define TEMP_STORE 2
#endif

The application compiles fine and is working but the
db-journal file is still being created.

If that is not correct and the above commands have a
different role, then here is what I am trying to
accomplish.

We are running a scientific application on both
Windows and Linux machines and we are writing equation
results in database files.
The problem is that the file.db-journal is kept
"alive" on the disk for a short while, after
transactions have been commited and the database
connection is closed; that is causing us some issues
with another module. I tried the above commands but
the journal file is still being created. I also tried
waiting for 60 seconds after the database was closed
but to no avail.

Any help on that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Best regards,
Ovidiu Anghelidi