From: BareFeet <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: General Discussion of SQLite Database <sqlite-users@sqlite.org>
Sent: Tuesday, May 20, 2008 9:04:42 AM
Subject: Re: [sqlite] Help with syntax

Hi Carlo,

> Well those original instructions are correct, as long as you unsmarten
> the the quotes, so it reads:
>
> sqlite /var/local/database/dblist "insert into list
> (owner,behavior,entry) values(0,0,'newblacklistentry.com') "

I should clarify that I meant the syntax of your original instructions
is correct, whereas what you are attempting is incorrect syntax. You
seem to be just guessing and hoping it will work. Have you read
through the syntax information on the SQLite site, such as the page I
gave you for the insert statement syntax?

> Got the following message:
>
> # sqlite /var/local/database/dblist "insert into list
> (owner,behavior,entry) values(0,0,'newblacklistentry.com') "
> SQL error: table list has no column named owner

OK, lets look at the schema:

> create table list (id integer primary key,owner_id integer not null
> default 0,behavior integer not null default 1,entry text not
> null,regex boolean not null default 0,timestamp_last timestamp not
> null default 0,source integer not null default 0);

As the error said, table list has no column named owner. There is
however an owner_id column, so this should work:

sqlite /var/local/database/dblist "insert into list
(owner_id,behavior,entry) values(0,0,'newblacklistentry.com') "

Tom
BareFeet
http://www.tandb.com.au/sqlite/compare/