On Tue, May 27, 2008 at 05:15:27PM -0300, [EMAIL PROTECTED] scratched on the
wall:

> I need to handle tables with several million records, on realtime, from RAM.

> for the improved locality of reference plus reduced

  Do you mean a :memory: database?  RAM doesn't really have locality of
  reference the same way disk does... even in modern processors the
  cache lines are MUCH smaller than the default database block size, so
  there is no locality advantage to be found (assuming the DB isn't so
  large that the VM system starts to page it out).

> overhead from the website id and its non-unique index.

  Unless you have a large number of unique ids, relative to the number of
  rows, the index wouldn't be used anyways.

   -j

"'People who live in bamboo houses should not throw pandas.' Jesus said that."
   - "The Ninja", www.AskANinja.com, "Special Delivery 10: Pop!Tech 2006"