From: P Kishor <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: General Discussion of SQLite Database <sqlite-users@sqlite.org>
Sent: Thursday, May 29, 2008 5:40:23 PM
Subject: Re: [sqlite] get the actual database size.

On 5/29/08, Joanne Pham <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi All,
>  I have the database which has a lot of insertion and deletion.
>  Is there anyway that I can get the actual database size without running
>VACUUM.

Your question implies that VACUUM lets you "get the database size."
No, it doesn't. VACUUM recovers the space left behind by deleting data
from the db.

To find out the size of the database, just read the size of the file
in the operating system.

Or, maybe you are asking something completely different that I don't get.