On Fri, 30 May 2008 09:18:39 -0700 (PDT), you wrote:

>Hi ,
>I have two questions:
>    1) Calucate the actual size of the database(NOT RUN VACUUM) - "Actual
>database size" which won't include the space of deleted rows.
>        To be more specific you calculate the database size by the following
>below(WITHOUT VACUUM)
>        Database file size - (pragma freelist_count *  pragma page_size )
>        this calculation will return the actuall database size(the size
>exclude the space of deleted rows)
>    2) No VACUUM the database which has a lot of deletion.
>        Is that true that the space of the database won't reclaim if we don't
>run the "VACUUM" on the database.
>  Thanks,
>JP

Would sqlite3_analyzer work for you?
It produces both a human readable report as well as a table
definition and insert statements to feed to sqlite3 command
line tool.

CREATE TABLE space_used(
   name clob,        -- Name of a table or index in the
database file
   tblname clob,     -- Name of associated table
   is_index boolean, -- TRUE if it is an index, false for a
table
   nentry int,       -- Number of entries in the BTree
   leaf_entries int, -- Number of leaf entries
   payload int,      -- Total amount of data stored in this
table or index
   ovfl_payload int, -- Total amount of data stored on
overflow pages
   ovfl_cnt int,     -- Number of entries that use overflow
   mx_payload int,   -- Maximum payload size
   int_pages int,    -- Number of interior pages used
   leaf_pages int,   -- Number of leaf pages used
   ovfl_pages int,   -- Number of overflow pages used
   int_unused int,   -- Number of unused bytes on interior
pages
   leaf_unused int,  -- Number of unused bytes on primary
pages
   ovfl_unused int,  -- Number of unused bytes on overflow
pages
   gap_cnt int       -- Number of gaps in the page layout
);

A wealth of information, really.
sqlite3_analyzer is available on the download page
http://www.sqlite.org/download.html .
--
  (  Kees Nuyt
  )