Hi folks-

Given a user-defined function of Foo(), and a query such as

select * from sometable where foo()

Is it possible from within the body of Foo() to access data from the
current row of the database that is being examined?

For instance, if I have a text field in the db record named 'MetaText'
that contains a list of name/value pairs as one large string, is it
possible for the code in Foo ( c++ in this case ) to be able to access
the field data from MetaText? I know I could do

select * from sometable where Foo(MetaText)

and the data would be available as a parameter, but it would be nicer if
I had some kind of visibility into the current row being processed.

Thanks
Dan Winslow, GamePlan
402-991-5875 x219
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Third Nerd from the left,Technology Defenestration Office